Followers

Monday, March 2, 2015

Shaker card #2

If you saw my blog yesterday you will understand that I'm currently obsessed with shaker cards. I'm looking at blue berry containers in my fridge, the bottom of a water bottle, Ziploc bags, little containers all over...

Todays card was created using a portion these brad containers from way back when from CTMH.


When I first looked at this I could envision a gift box for a birthday. But when I saw that Merry Monday's card them for this week was green and red and I already had Yuletide paper pack out on my desk I figured there has to be a way to create this shaker as a Christmas Card.



Supplies used: Yuletide design paper, cream card base, plastic container, glitter and bits from the dollar store, red shiny twine, scallop border punch, score tape and foam tape, gold sequins, Jesus the true gift of Christmas is from Verve and embossed in Gold.

And here's a view to show the dimension of the card:


If you haven't already, please pop over to Merry Monday and leave some love for the great design team and others that have played along. Getting feedback on cards is so rewarding.

7 comments:

  1. I've only made one shaker card so far (you can see it here: http://paperpanacea.blogspot.com/2014/06/happy-39th-birthday-shaker-card.html), but I had a lot of fun doing it. Need to try it again. You are so creative to recognize that those little containers could be a Christmas gift. I love all that sparkly shaker goodness you put inside. Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute little shaker card .... I love all the sparkles inside. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea for a shaker card

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous shaker card, Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still love how you thought inside and outside that little box!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea, Wanda! Amazing upcycling! Thanks for sharing it with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't done any shaker cards yet but am ready to try - your recycled packaging is really something! I love that idea - and your card, too!

    ReplyDelete