Followers

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Mixed Media Cards

Have you ever seen a blog and fell in love instantly? It happened to me this morning when I was looking at my morning blogs trying to pick which challenges to play along with. Well a card caught my eye on Retro Sketches and it was made by a guest designer over at Cardz 4 Guyz so I popped over to her blog The Damsel of Distressed Cards and saw her tutorial on how she made the card. I just knew I had to dig out my distress paints, stains, embossing powder and sprays and see if I could try this technique. My first attempt is this card. I applied too much stain and you can hardly see the underneath colors (Spun Sugar and Chipped Sapphire) After every thing dried I grabbed this imagine stamp and used some wink of stella grey and clear to add some bling but it wasn't enough for my liking so I found my cracked pistachio marker and spray and added a little color to this card.



My second card I used much less brushed pewter distress stain and lightly sprinkled the embossing powder for a much nicer look for this technique. You can see bits of pink and sapphire through the stain. I dry embossed with a flower folder so then I went digging for a sentiment that worked. I embossed the Friends with purple embossing powder and "how beautiful a day can be when friendship touches it." is embossed with pewter.


I'm so happy to have found this blog to follow and look forward in stepping out of my clean and layered look to try out some more mixed media on cards.

Short post but now we are off to pick up dd from Kindergarten.  Have a great evening everyone and thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. These turned out gorgeously!!! I actually really like the way the background looks in the first one - it looks so much like brushed, grungy metal! The second one is super cool, too with the color peeking through! I love seeing different takes on the technique and thanks for the sweet shout out! Hugs <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I totally shared your card and a link to your blog on my facebook page. I hope you don't mind!

    ReplyDelete